Large Animal Services
We are happy to help with routine and non-routine or emergent services for cattle, small ruminants (sheep and goats), swine, and camelids (llamas and alpacas). Please feel free to contact us for equine referral information beyond the below-listed services.
Preventative Medicine, Herd Health & Vaccination Programs
Keeping livestock healthy, rather than treating sick animals, can be critical to gains, profitability and results at show. Our veterinarians are happy to work with you to develop vaccination and other preventative medicine programs, whether you have two animals or 200.
Our veterinarians are USDA Category II Accredited and can issue health certificates for all large animal species. Certificates involve a general exam of individuals or groups and are required for any interstate movement and most shows/exhibitions.
- Coggins (EIA) testing
- Health certificates
- Fecal examinations
- Dentistry: teeth floats
Additional specific livestock services (by species):
- Calving, kidding, lambing, criating: assisted delivery, c-section (all livestock species)
- Illness exam and treatment (all livestock species)
- Castration (all livestock species)
- Fecal examinations (all livestock species)
- Tuberculosis testing (all livestock species)
- Disease testing: CAE, CL, Johne's, BVD (all livestock species)
- Prolapses - vaginal, uterine, rectal (all livestock species)
- Pregnancy diagnosis (bovine, small ruminant, camelids)
- Surgical dehorns, disbudding (bovine, small ruminants)
- Breeding soundness examination (bovine)
- Brucellosis testing (bovine)
- Bangs vaccination (bovine)
- Dentistry (camelids)
- Feet trimming (small ruminants, camelids, swine)